gelato is real



So, in honour of our pending trip to France and Italy, I have invented (I might even say, "perfected") Vitamix gelato.

I share it with you here:

Step 1:  get a Vitamix.
Step 2: crack six eggs and put the yolks in your Vitamix, make meringue or throw away the whites, I don't care at all.
Step 3: whir the egg yolks in your Vitamix for 5-10 min. or until you are confident they are cooked.
Step 4:  Add sugar to the egg yolks while whirring.  Enough to make them sweet. Could be honey or maple syrup.  I don't mind.
Step 5:  Add half and half to your egg yolk, sugar mixture while whirring away.  Maybe about two cups.  At this point, you will need to put the lid on the Vitamix.   For splashing reasons.
Step 6:  Start adding frozen fruit  a little at a time.  Like strawberries or blueberries or mango.
Step 7:  Keep adding frozen fruit until your mixture is VERY thick, so that your Vitamix makes that "I can't handle any more" noise, and you have to stick your Vitamix tamper in the lid to encourage your Vitamix to keep blending
Step 7:  Eat the gelato





Comments

  1. Hi - Dee Rich here. Tried this tonight and it did not work. I will try again, but will use whipping cream and big frozen strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

last day in France

just getting ready